1. Others see, in us what we think of ourselves.
2. How you think determines how you act and how others react
3. Look important, it helps you think important.
4. Dress right, it always pays
5. The sharper you look, the sharper you will be. (A pencil,
when sharpened, has a clear defined point and writing is
easily read, but a dull pencil is just that, (Dull)
6. Pay twice as much and get half as many: Example, 2 fine
suits are much nicer, last longer, and look better than 4 cheap
7. If you think of yourself in poor situations, that is what you
8. Think of yourself as sharp, clean, together, intelligent,
informed, and interesting, and that is what you will be.
9. I’m short: Practice uplifting self-praise, not belittling selfpunishment,
think more of your self, and there is more of
10. Be self improving in academics, family and friends. Make
progress in changing bad habits, eliminating negativism,
and wasting time.
source : “A Positive Attitude” by Dan Auito
We should try to do these things better:
1. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
2. Talk in the interest ranges of the things that people treasure most when talking to them.
3. Talk to people about themselves and recognize their importance.
4. Respect other people’s good judgment and avoid arguments.
5. Never tell anyone they are wrong, we all will rationalize to the point of thinking we are unequivocally right.
6. We should criticize ourselves before other people have a chance to; if you are wrong, admit it!
7. Tread softly, you will go farther.
8. We should try to let our friends feel as though they have excelled us at some time or another.
9. Let others do a great deal more of the talking.
10. Figure out why others think as they do; look at it from their viewpoint.
11. Show compassion to others (this is yearned for).
12. Treat people with respect, dignity, honesty, truth fulness and willingness; they will generally emulate those feelings.
13. Challenge others to do something better, never force them.
14. Call attention to mistakes indirectly (don’t broadcast).
15. Make difficulties seem easy to conquer.
16. Praise minutest improvements; and inspire hidden treasures in others.
17. Be friendly.
18. Force yourself to smile! (you will.)
19. Consider other’s good points.
20. Make others want to follow your suggestions.
21. Always appreciate people’s time.
22. Be interested in everyone you meet.
23. Always remember, good manners are made up of petty sacrifices.
quoted from “A Positive Attitude”, author : Dan Auito