1. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
2. Talk in the interest ranges of the things that people treasure most when talking to them.
3. Talk to people about themselves and recognize their importance.
4. Respect other people’s good judgment and avoid arguments.
5. Never tell anyone they are wrong, we all will rationalize to the point of thinking we are unequivocally right.
6. We should criticize ourselves before other people have a chance to; if you are wrong, admit it!
7. Tread softly, you will go farther.
8. We should try to let our friends feel as though they have excelled us at some time or another.
9. Let others do a great deal more of the talking.
10. Figure out why others think as they do; look at it from their viewpoint.
11. Show compassion to others (this is yearned for).
12. Treat people with respect, dignity, honesty, truth fulness and willingness; they will generally emulate those feelings.
13. Challenge others to do something better, never force them.
14. Call attention to mistakes indirectly (don’t broadcast).
15. Make difficulties seem easy to conquer.
16. Praise minutest improvements; and inspire hidden treasures in others.
17. Be friendly.
18. Force yourself to smile! (you will.)
19. Consider other’s good points.
20. Make others want to follow your suggestions.
21. Always appreciate people’s time.
22. Be interested in everyone you meet.
23. Always remember, good manners are made up of petty sacrifices.
quoted from “A Positive Attitude”, author : Dan Auito